Von: Miso Music Portugal
Datum: 12. April 2014 12:28:51 MESZ
15th International Electroacoustic Composition Competition
MÚSICA VIVA 2014
Deadline: September 30, 2014
In order to encourage the creation and the diffusion of new electroacoustic music, Miso Music Portugal promotes the 15th International Electroacoustic Composition Competition MÚSICA VIVA 2014.
more information visit: http://www.misomusic.com
• The works submitted for the competition shall be electroacoustic pieces, composed and recorded in studio. They are to be projected by loudspeakers in concert, without any intervention of live sound sources. They may include a maximum of eight channels and must have duration between 5 and 15 minutes.
• The competition is open to composers of any nationality and age, each of whom may submit only one work, which was not commercially published or awarded a prize in any other national or international competition. Any previous Música Viva prize-winning composer will not be allowed to submit a work during the two years following the prize award.
• All applications must be sent via http://www.wetransfer.com (or equivalent web file transfer service) in 1 single ZIP file to the email:
• The ZIP file title should be the Title of the Piece (ex. TitleOfThePiece).
• The ZIP file should contain 3 files inside a single folder:
• i. 1 Text file (.doc, .txt, .rtf or .pdf) with a short biography, contact information, as well as information about the piece (methods used, concept, etc.)
• ii. 1 Proof of Nationality and Age (a scanned image of passport or other document containing this information)
• iii. 1 Audio file .AIFF or .WAV format 16bit 44,1kHz containing the stereo version of the piece
• iv. Additionally, in case of works with more than two channels (multichannel pieces) the audio files corresponding to each of the channels in AIFF or WAV format inside a folder
• The deadline for submissions is 12 P.M. GMT time, September 30, 2014. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered valid.
• The Jury will award 1 work. Miso Music Portugal will give the opportunity to the winning composer to present his/her music in concert performed by the Miso Music Loudspeaker Orchestra at the 2015 edition of the Música Viva Festival, having also the possibility to do a lecture/seminar concerning his/her work.
• The jury may not select any of the submitted works for the competition and the decision shall be final.
• The jury will announce the results during the Música Viva Festival 2014.
• Each submission of an application for the competition implies the acceptance of all the rules.
• Any questions regarding these regulations and their interpretation shall be clarified by Miso Music Portugal.
The name of the ZIP file and the folder should be identical to the name of the work submitted.
All incomplete applications or those not meeting these requirements will not be taken into consideration.