Von: Adam Vidiksis
Betreff: BEEP Call for Scores
Datum: 7. Oktober 2013 21:23:58 MESZ
BEEP Call for Scores
The Boyer Electroacoustic Ensemble Project is now accepting works for laptop orchestra for their 2013-2014 season. Composers in any stage of their career are encouraged to submit works for up to twenty performers. Smaller subsets of 3–5 players are also welcome. Works for hybrid ensembles including traditional acoustic instruments will also be considered if the electronic element requires significant and largely independant live performance.
BEEP is a newly-formed laptop orchestra at the Boyer College of Music and Dance at Temple University, which serves as a vehicle for electroacoustic music creation in a collaborative environment. We embrace a variety of aesthetics, from EDM to the avant garde. We function in varied modalities: from a laptop orchestra, to hybrid acoustic and electronic chamber ensembles, to an electronic music band. BEEP was founded and is directed by Dr. Adam Vidiksis.
Our ensemble’s goals are:
– To explore new musical paths and new technologies
– To unite people of varying and complimentary skills sets in the task of creating new sonic possibilities
– To promote expressive music making
– To increase technological understanding amongst students, participants, and audience members
-To promote a culture of code literacy and computer competency
-To improve musicianship and expression amongst participants
– To perform the ever-expanding repertory of electronic music, particularly for laptop orchestra
– To advocate electronic music performance in the Temple University, Philadelphia, and national community
– To promote critical and independant thinking, both musically and otherwise
Works selected for performance will be presented in Philadelphia, at Temple University and in the surrounding community. There is no fee for submission, however, we cannot offer composers a fee for performing their work at this time. We will provide selected composers with a program from each performance, as well as audio and video documentation when possible. Works for any platform and software are acceptable (Pure Data, Max/MSP, ChucK, Supercollider, etc.). Please send any requisite documents for performance, including PDF parts/scores, software files, and technical information, as well as a representative compressed audio file, program note, and composer bio to Adam Vidiksis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please compress all files in a ZIP folder labeled title_lastname.ZIP, and attach a link for download through a service like Dropbox or Yousendit. New submissions will be considered throughout the season, however, for best consideration please send your submission by October 20th, 2013.
For more information, visit: http://www.vidiksis.com/beep-call-for-scores-2013.