Datum: 26. März 2015 12:39:47 MEZ
Música Viva Electroacoustic Composition Competition 2015
Miso Music Portugal wishes to remind you that this year the deadline for submitting works for the Música Viva 2015 International Electroacoustic Composition Competition is April 15, 2015 (until 12:00 midnight, Lisbon time /GMT).
The announcement of the winning works will take place during the next Música Viva 2015 Festival which will be held at O’culto da Ajuda in Lisbon from the 21st until the 30th of May 2015.
Completing its 16th edition, the Música Viva Competition encourages the creation and promotion of new electroacoustic works. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
For more information visit the Miso Music Portugal website at: http://www.misomusic.com.
The Miso Music Portugal Team
16th International Competition of Electroacoustic Composition – Música Viva 2015
In order to encourage the creation and the diffusion of new electroacoustic works, Miso Music Portugal promotes the 16th International Electroacoustic Composition Competition MÚSICA VIVA 2015.
Deadline: April 15, 2015
• The works submitted for the competition shall be electroacoustic pieces, composed and recorded in studio. They are to be projected by loudspeakers in concert, without any intervention of live sound sources. They may include a maximum of eight channels and must have a duration between 5 and 15 minutes.
• The competition is open to composers of any nationality and age, each of whom may submit only one work, which was not commercially published or awarded a prize in any other national or international competition. Any previous Música Viva prize-winning composer will not be allowed to submit a work during the two years following the prize award.
• All applications must be sent via http://www.wetransfer.com (or equivalent web file transfer service) in 1 single ZIP file to the email: email@example.com
• The ZIP file title should be the Title of the Piece (ex. TitleOfThePiece).
• The ZIP file should contain 3 files inside a single folder:
• i. 1 Text file (.doc, .txt, .rtf or .pdf) with a short biography, contact information, as well as information about the piece (methods used, concept, etc.)
• ii. 1 Proof of Nationality and Age (a scanned image of passport or other document containing this information)
• iii. 1 Audio file .AIFF or .WAV format 16bit or 24bit at 44,1kHz sampling rate containing the stereo version of the piece
• iv. Additionally, in the case of works with more than two channels (multichannel pieces) the audio files corresponding to each of the channels in AIFF or WAV format inside a folder
• The deadline for submissions is 12 P.M. GMT time, April 15, 2015. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered valid.
• The Jury will award 1 work. Miso Music Portugal will give the opportunity to the winning composer to present his/her music in concert performed by the Miso Music Loudspeaker Orchestra at the 2016 edition of the Música Viva Festival, having also the possibility to do a lecture/seminar concerning his/her work.
• The jury may not select any of the submitted works for the competition and the decision shall be final.
• The jury will announce the results during the Música Viva Festival 2015.
• Each submission of an application for the competition implies the acceptance of all the rules.
• Any questions regarding these regulations and their interpretation shall be clarified by Miso Music Portugal.
The name of the ZIP file and the folder should be identical to the name of the work submitted.
All incomplete applications or those not meeting these requirements will not be taken into consideration.
Miso Music Portugal
O’culto da Ajuda
art music centre
because sound matters
+ 351 213620382
Travessa das Zebras, nº 25/27,
(à Calçada da Ajuda)
1300-589 Santa Maria de Belém,