Call For Works
Seoul International Computer Music Festival 2014
Oct. 6 – 9, 2014
The Korean Electro-Acoustic Music Society is proud to announce the Seoul International Computer Music Festival (SICMF) 2014.
SICMF 2014 will be held in October 6 till 9 at Jayu Theater in Seoul Arts Center.
1. Tape music
2. Electro-acoustic music(tape or live) with instruments (up to 5 players)
3. Live electro-acoustic music
4. Audio-visual media art
Rules & Regulations
1. The submitted work has to be composed after 2011.
2. The duration has to be less than 12 minutes.
3. For the works of the category #2, the number of players is limited to 5.
4. For performances requiring non-standard or special instruments, composers are responsible for providing the instruments and the performers on location.
5. Channels for audio playback are limited to 8 channels.
6. Up to two works may be submitted, but they must belong to different categories.
Monday, 3 February 2014, 6 pm (UTC+9)
How to Submit
* We recommend that you use your own file server or web services such as dropbox.com and wetransfer.com to send the required information to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of using the webhard service described below.
1. Only online submissions are allowed.
– Connect to this site: http://www.webhard.net
– Login as ID: computermusic / password: guest
– Click the „Upload Only“ folder to open it
– Create a folder with your name eg. DoeJohn
2. Upload your work as follows:
– Audio files must be stereo mp3.
– For the category #2 and #3: Upload mp3 file and/or related files(patches, documents, programs, etc.)
– For the category #2: You must upload the score(PDF)
– For the category #4: Upload the video file in any format (mpeg, mov, avi, etc.). Size of the file should, however, not be bigger than 200MB.
3. Upload a document file (format can be either TEXT, RTF, PDF, or DOC) that includes the following information:
– Mailing Address
– Homepage (if any)
– Instruments (if any)
– Number of Audio Output Channels
– Program Notes
– Special Requirements for the Performance (if any)
4. Additional Notes
– The uploaded files can only be downloaded by the administrator. So, please do not worry about illegal downloads of your work.
– It is not possible to delete or modify uploaded files. If you need to modify anything please go through the upload process with a different name.
– The uploaded files will be deleted from the site within a few days after your submission process is completed.
– If you wish to submit offline, please contact us via email as early as possible.
1. We agree to pay all costs for performing selected works (performer fees, instrument rental, etc).
2. We provide accommodation during the festival for the composers of the selected works.
3. In case a composer needs bring his/her own performer(s) for specific reasons, we agree to also provide accommodation for the performer(s).
* This policy may be subject to change.
For questions and detailed information, please email us.