Subject: CALL – Seoul Intl. Computer Music Festival 2016
From: KEAMS Webmaster
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 8:52 AM
CALL FOR WORKS
Seoul International Computer Music Festival 2016
The Korea Electro-Acoustic Music Society (KEAMS) is proud to announce
the Seoul International Computer Music Festival (SICMF) 2016. (The dates
and the places will be announced soon.)
1. Tape music
2. Electro-acoustic music(tape or live) with instruments (up to 4 players)
3. Live electro-acoustic music
4. Audio-visual media art
Rules & Regulations
1. The submitted work has to be composed after 2013.
2. The duration has to be less than 12 minutes.
3. For the works of the category #2, the number of players is limited to 4.
4. For performances requiring non-standard or special instruments,
composers are responsible for providing the instruments and the
performers on location.
5. Channels for audio playback are limited to 8 channels.
6. Up to two works may be submitted, but they must belong to different
Submission Deadline (Online)
Monday, 15 February 2016, 6 pm (UTC+9)
How to Submit
1. Only online submissions are allowed.
– Send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the link to the files(refer
to #2 and #3 described below)
– Do not attach the files but send us the link. Use the web services
such as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, or copy.com.
2. Media Files
– Audio file(s) must be in stereo (either mp3, AIFF, or WAV)
– For the category #2 and #3: the recorded audio file and/or related
files(patches, documents, programs, etc.)
– For the category #2: the score (PDF)
– For the category #4: the video file in any format (mpeg, mov, avi,
etc.). Size of the file should, however, not be bigger than 1GB. (You
may submit a YouTube or Vimeo link.)
3. Document (format should be either TEXT, RTF, or DOC, but NEVER PDF;
PDF sometimes causes problems when copying text from it) that includes
the following information:
– Last Name
– First Name
– Male / Female
– Homepage (if any)
– Title of work
– Instruments (if any)
– Number of Audio Output Channels
– Program Notes
– World premiere / Asia premiere / Korea premiere
– Special Requirements for the Performance (if any)
4. Additional Notes
– If you get no response from us after your submission, please email us
to this alternate address: <email@example.com>
– If you wish to submit offline, please contact us via email as early as
1. We agree to pay all costs for performing selected works (performer
fees, instrument rental, etc).
2. We offer part of lodging cost during the festival for the composers
of the selected works.
3. In case a composer needs bring his/her own performer(s) for specific
reasons, we agree to also offer part of lodging cost for the performer(s).
* This policy may be subject to change.
For Further Information
Seong-Joon Moon, President