SPOR festival is inviting composers and sound artists to submit a proposal for a new work to be realized at SPOR 2012in Aarhus, Denmark.
FEE FOR REALIZING THE PROPOSAL: 1.000 €
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING: 18th November 2011
The proposal may describe a wide range of projects, from works for ensemble and music theatre pieces to sound installations. In 2012 the festival is focusing on folk culture, elite versus mass culture and artistic projects dealing with politics and the society within a musical context. The proposal should reflect the theme of the festival, handle it either concrete or more abstract.
CONDITIONS AND JURY:
The call for proposals is open to all types of composers and sound artists, from all over the world. You can only send in one proposal. An international jury will judge the proposals and choose five proposals to be realized at SPOR 2012. Each chosen composer/artist will receive a fee of 1.000 € for realizing the work. SPOR will cover travel expenses of up to 200 € and provide two night’s accommodation in Aarhus, Denmark.
This year’s jury members are:
Lars Petter Hagen (NO, guest curator of SPOR 2012 and composer), Anne Hilde Neset (UK/NO, Deputy Editor – The Wire Magazine), Simon Steen-Andersen (DK, composer), Manos Tsangaris (DE, composer), Andreas Borregaard (DK, musician), Anna Berit Asp Christensen & Anne Marqvardsen (festival directors, SPOR)
The jury’s decision is final and cannot be legally challenged.
· Type of work: acoustic, electronic, electro-acoustic, installation
· Duration: max. 15 min. for ensemble pieces and performances
· Ensemble/instruments available:
Trio Gáman (recorder, violin, accordion)
Contact person: Andreas Borregaard, firstname.lastname@example.org
The ensemble can be used in its existing form as well as soloists.
· Technical provision: 1 projector + screen; 1 stereo sound-system (with a small mixer); 4 microphones
· Further instrumentalists, performers or gear will need to be provided by the artist/composer or arranged in advance with the festival
· Non-technical items such as costumes, scenery and materials for installations may be allowed but again, need to be agreed upon in advance with the festival
WHAT TO SEND:
· Maximum 2 pages of text as PDF describing one work that you wish to create and realize at the SPOR festival 2011 (please name the files “Proposal_text”) + video or sound file sketches (optional) (please name the files/folders “Proposal_sound” or “Proposal_video”)
· CV (please name the file “CV”)
· 2-3 examples of work from the last 5 years as sound or video files. Accompanying scores in PDF format are also welcome but optional
18. Nov. 2011: Deadline for sending in proposals.
Mid-December 2011: The 5 chosen proposals are announced in the SPOR newsletter (sign up for the newsletter at http://www.sporfestival.dk)
1. March 2012: Deadline for delivering scores, parts and technical riders
10.-13. May 2012: Performance at SPOR 2012 in Aarhus, Denmark
WHERE TO SEND IT:
· email@example.com (we recommend that sound and video files are sent via a file transfer service (e.g. yousendit.com) or are available for downloading or streaming)
SPOR is not able to consider proposals that do not conform to the guidelines outlined above. Furthermore, the jury/SPOR reserves the right to choose less than 5 proposals.
Call for Proposals 2012 is realized with support from Danish Composers‘ Society/KODA’s Fund for Social and Cultural Purposes
Download the text as pdf: