Von: Lepa, Steffen via ak discourse
Datum: Tue, 1 Nov 2022
Betreff: [ak-discourse] EvoMUSART 2023 – Call for Papers
Call for papers for the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) · Please distribute · Apologies for cross-posting
The 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) will take place in Brno (Czech
Republic) between the 12th and 14th of April of 2023, as part of the
*Extended submission deadline*: 16 November 2022
Conference: 12-14 April 2023
EvoMUSART is a multidisciplinary conference that brings together researchers who are working on the application of Artificial Neural Networks, Evolutionary Computation, Swarm Intelligence, Cellular Automata, Alife, and other Artificial Intelligence techniques in creative and artist fields such as Visual Art, Music, Architecture, Video, Digital Games, Poetry, or Design. This conference gives researchers in the field the opportunity to promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
Submissions must be at most 16 pages long, in Springer LNCS format. Each submission must be anonymised for a double-blind review process.
Accepted papers will be presented orally or as posters at the event and included in the EvoMUSART proceedings published by Springer Nature in a dedicated volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Indicative topics include but are not limited to:
* Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
* Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc.;
* Systems that create artefacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and/or functional criteria;
* Systems that resort to artificial intelligence to perform the analysis of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic objects;
* Systems in which artificial intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
* Theories or models of computational aesthetics;
* Computational models of emotional response, surprise, novelty;
* Representation techniques for images, videos, music, etc.;
* Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area;
* New ways of integrating the user in the process (e.g. improvisation, co-creation, participation).
We look forward to seeing you in EvoMUSART 2023!
The EvoMUSART 2023 organisers
Sérgio Rebelo (publication chair)