Von: Lepa, Steffen via ak discourse
Datum: Tue, 17 Oct 2023
Betreff: [ak-discourse] WG: [Ak-alumni] Fwd: Lecturer in Audio Engineering for Creative Technologies, University of York
Lecturer in Audio Engineering for Creative Technologies
School of Physics, Engineering and Technology,
University of York, UK.
The University of York’s AudioLab, is looking for an exceptional academic in Audio Engineering for Creative Technologies. We seek candidates with expertise that complements our research and a strong track record in partnership, collaboration, knowledge exchange, or technology translation in areas such as XR audio, machine learning for audio, real-time interactive audio systems, high-performance computing, acoustic simulation, sound reproduction perception, environmental soundscapes, immersive sound for virtual production, and audio systems influenced by neuroscience and psychology. Successful applicants should have a proven international research record in their field.
With recent substantial investments in Engineering at the University of York and successful research grants from AHRC and EPSRC, this is an exciting time to join the AudioLab and shape our research direction.
The main purpose of the role is:
– Developing research objectives, proposals, and conducting independent and collaborative research projects.
– Leading or contributing to research output and outcomes.
– Designing, developing, and delivering teaching in Audio and Music/Creative technologies.
– Supervising PhD students.
– To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications needed
You will have:
– A PhD in Audio/Acoustic Engineering, Computer Science or Music/Creative Technologies, or equivalent experience
– A track record in publishing original research in appropriate journals and conferences
– A clear research agenda in an area of expertise complementary to the activities of the AudioLab
– Strong experience in teaching audio technologies and the provision of learning support across different levels of academic activity.
– Knowledge of a range of teaching techniques to enthuse and engage students
– Experience of wider practical work in the fields of audio and Music/Creative technologies
– Highly developed communication skills to engage effectively with a wide ranging audience, both orally and in writing, using a range of media
Deadline for applications: 09/11/2023
For further details on how to apply, please go to:
For informal enquiries: please contact Prof. Gavin Kearney (email@example.com) or Prof. Helena Daffern (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professor of Audio Engineering
School of Physics, Engineering and Technology
University of York, York, YO10 5DD
Tel: +44 (0) 1904 32 2374
EMAIL DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm