Von: Daniel Mayer
Datum: Mon, 3 Dec 2018
Betreff: Call for Works – ÖGZM
CALL FOR WORKS
The ÖGZM – Österreichische Gesellschaft für zeitgenössische Musik (en:
Austrian Society for Contemporary Music) is announcing a call for works,
seeking electro-acoustic compositions with or without instruments (see
„guidelines“ for details). The call is open to composers of all ages and
Four compositions will be selected from the submitted works by a jury.
The four selected works will receive two performances in Vienna and Graz
(Austria) in spring 2019 within the framework of OEGZM´s electronic
concert series CROSSTALKS. The composers of the selected works will be
announced via e-mail and on the OEGZM Website at the beginning of March
1. Instrumentation: 2 categories: a) saxophone (available instruments:
soprano, tenor, baritone sax.) and/or double bass plus live electronics
or playback b) fixed media. NOTE: All works of (a) must contain an
electronic part – either live electronics or playback (fixed media). The
maximum number of channels is 4.
2. Submitted pieces may be no longer than 11 minutes duration. A minimum
duration of 3 minutes would be appreciated, but is not mandatory.
3. Submissions are due by 31.01.2019 midnight. Composers may submit one
work per category (= max. 2 works).
4. The material for the jury – scores (*pdf) and/or playback, fixed
media, audio material in stereo and *mp3 only – must be submitted via
Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer or a similar download link without
expiring date, sent to office(at)oegzm.at before the deadline. We are
sorry that scores on paper and sound files on CD, flash drive and other
hardware media cannot be accepted.
5. The use of video is possible by means of video beamer + screen, which
will be provided on request.
6. A short biography in English (running text, max. 2000 figures
including spaces; *pdf) is required.
7. Submissions must contain the following information: Composer´s full
name, date and place of birth, full current address, e-mail address and
telephone number (including country calling code). NOTE: This Call for
Works is not anonymous.
8. There is no submission fee.
If you have any questions, please contact us via our e-mail address