Von: Thomsen, Jeffrey via ak discourse
Datum: Wed, 17 Jun 2020
Betreff: [ak-discourse] Acoustics and DSP engineer at Bang & Olufsen
Hallo liebe Liste,
anbei eine Stellenausschreibung vom dänischen Lautsprecherhersteller Bang & Olufsen.
World class acoustics and DSP Engineer
Would you like to shape the complete listening experience of our Bang & Olufsen products? Are you looking for an opportunity to:
• Lead the development of new products and experience your solutions in stores around the world?
• Develop class-leading products using an objective and scientific foundation?
• Learn from and work with internationally renowned acoustics researchers in a professional
• Join one of the best-known luxury brands in the world which combines exquisite design and an
accurate sound experience?
• Investigate and define the joy of great sound in the world of tomorrow?
Join the Acoustics & Research department
As our new acoustical engineer, you will join our international and acoustics and research team. The Acoustics & Research department is responsible for the sound quality within all Bang & Olufsen branded product categories: Speakers, headphones, earphones, but also automotive partners, laptops, etc. through our partners. Here, you will team up with acoustic engineers, DSP engineers, sound designers, and researchers who work across the entire value chain to bring exciting acoustic features to new products. Moreover, as an internationally recognised acoustics research department, we have close ties to universities in Denmark and abroad.
Guarantee world-class sound design of Bang & Olufsen products
You are involved in the entire value chain in cross-functional product development projects to optimise sound performance. Doing so, you collaborate with product core teams, driving and advising colleagues on the acoustical architecture and construction of new speakers and headphones in all sizes to ensure concepts that match design and sound. Moreover, you ensure that timing, cost, and quality on sound design adhere to project plans. You also evaluate and ensure acoustic specifications through prototyping development, and production.
Finally, you work with tonmeisters and industrial designers to direct the visual design towards optimal perceived sound quality performance, and you evaluate and validate samples before mass production together with OEMs and the production site.
What we expect from you:
• You are an acoustical engineer with strong experience in acoustics and signal processing and has
knowledge on analogue and digital hardware.
• Preferably, you have some years of experience as an acoustic engineer role where you have worked
with all the development phases.
• You have a strong experience with numerical tools e.g. Matlab or Python.
• You have not afraid of getting your hands dirty in the search for the right product.
• You are always looking for opportunities rather than limitations.
• You have a holistic overview and can collaborate across technical disciplines and sites.
• You are ready to travel to partners and colleagues a couple of weeks a year.
• You are good at communicating your knowledge and adapt to the abstraction level of the recipient.
As a person, you are ready to support your colleagues, lend a helping hand and step up when needed in order to support our team-oriented culture where knowledge sharing is natural and easy. Moreover, you
are excited about getting to understand how we offer our demanding customers the most accurate sound experience – and eager to learn what we do in details to achieve this goal.
Additional information & application
For additional information about the position, please contact Senior Technology Specialist, Jakob Dyreby,
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.