Von: Kevin Austin via cec conference
Datum: Fri, 5 Jan 2018
Betreff: [cec-c] Georgia Southern University Music Technology Graduate Assistant / Teaching Assistant
Georgia Southern University
Music Technology Graduate Assistant / Teaching Assistant
2018-2019 Academic Year
Call for Applications
Priority Deadline: March 1, 2018
The music technology Graduate Assistant will pursue a Master of Music in the Music Technology program at Georgia Southern University. The Graduate Assistant plays a key role in the everyday functioning of the program and department. In the first year, the G.A. assists in the classroom, manages the studios or supervises a team of undergraduates who record departmental concerts. In the second year, the G.A. position typically becomes a Graduate Teaching Assistant position. The Graduate Teaching Assistant teaches select undergraduate music technology courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the management of the department recording studio, music technology classroom, and other facilities. (Position #1)
• Supervise an undergraduate recording team. (Position #2)
• Provide support and aid in the management of the music library
• In the second year the student is generally assigned to teach select music technology courses.
• Proficient with Digital Audio Workstations and music notation software.
• Strong interest in musical signal processing and studio techniques.
• Experience in studio maintenance is desirable.
• Experience in Supercollider and/or Max is desirable, but not necessary.
Education and Qualifications:
See Admission Requirements and Instructions can be found at:
The Graduate Assistantship provides a tuition waiver and a stipend of $8000 per year. The Teaching Assistantship boosts the stipend to $9000.
For additional information contact Dr. John Thompson.