From: Christopher Biggs via Kevin Austin via cec conference
Datum: Mon, 8 Jan 2018
Betreff: [cec-c] WMU Assistant Professor of Multimedia Arts Technology: Review of Applications Beginning Shortly
Western Michigan University School of Music will be hiring an Assistant Professor of Multimedia Arts Technology – Tenure Track, review of applications will begin shortly. Please distribute. Details below. Best – Chris
Multimedia Arts Technology (tenure track)
Title Assistant Professor – Tenure Track
Posting Number 0604275
Department School Of Music
Job Type: Tenure Track
Pay Type Exempt
Salary Range: $56,000 – $59,000 Plus a generous benefit package
– Teach courses in the Multimedia Arts Technology-Music (MAT) Program, including courses involving creating audio for video and video editing, upper-level special topics courses, and overseeing year-long Capstone Projects.
– Coordinate the MAT program, including managing of technology in workspaces, planning budgets to acquire new/replacement technology, and overseeing graduate students.
– Engage in service to the School, College, and University; and in recruitment activities.
– Collaborate with other faculty.
– Other teaching and non-teaching assignments determined by departmental needs and applicant qualifications.
– MM or MFA in Multimedia Arts Technology or related field, such as Music Technology, Sound Art, or a degree focused on digital media from an accredited institution.
– Knowledge of and experience working with both audio and video software and hardware.
– Previous teaching experience.
– Demonstrated record of professional activities and research involving digital media, including non-academic projects such as sound design, music for video games or other media, video projects, computer programming work, designing electronics, live sound reinforcement and event management, and/or presentations of your research or creative work at academic conferences.
– Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborative arts.
– PhD or DMA in Multimedia Arts Technology or related field, such as Music Technology, a degree focused on digital media, or a degree involving creative work with digital media.
– Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level as the instructor of record.
– A broad knowledge of multimedia arts technology in order to facilitate and assist with diverse Capstone Projects.
– Skills, experience, or knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
– Generating audio for visual media, including MIDI Orchestration and sound design
– Live sound reinforcement
– Audio engineering
– Computer programming related to the arts
– Electrical engineering related to audio and visual projects
– Research or client-based work in one or more of the following:
– Generating and editing audio for video projects
– Generating and editing video for audiovisual projects
– Live sound reinforcement and event production
– Building electronics for audio and/or video projects
– Computer programming for audio and/or video projects
Required Applicant Documents
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
List of References
Optional Applicant Documents
– Special Instructions to Applicants
– Other required documents; List of audio and video hardware and software with which you have worked, divided into two categories: expert and experienced.
– List of (3) References including phone numbers.
– Three letters of recommendation.
Please submit the letters of recommendation electronically (Interfolio preferred) to email@example.com.
OR by mail:
WMU School of Music
1903 W Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5434
Additional Position Information: GO TO: http://www.wmich.edu/hr/employees/faculty for benefits and other information.
External Posting Date: 12-08-2017
External Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Internal Closing Date:
Application Types Accepted Faculty Credential Summary
Associate Professor of Music Composition and Technology
Co-Director of the Electronic Music, Multimedia, and Recording Labs
School of Music
Western Michigan University