Von: Karathanasis, Konstantinos via cec conference
Datum: Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Betreff:[cec-c] Graduate Studies in Composition at the University of Oklahoma
The University of Oklahoma, College of Fine Arts, School of Music announces one Graduate Assistantship in Composition, starting Fall 2019. We accept graduate students willing to pursue an MM in Music Composition and offer full Tuition waiver, monthly stipend and benefits.
Our graduate program features:
· Internationally-known faculty composers Marvin Lamb, Roland Barrett, and Konstantinos Karathanasis.
· A robust program of graduate courses including private composition lessons, orchestration, music theory, musicology, ensemble participation and multiple electives. http://www.ou.edu/finearts/music/composition
· Music technology courses such as Digital Signal Processing, Interactive Performance Techniques, Recording Techniques, and Sound Design. http://www.ou.edu/finearts/music/areas-ensembles/technology
· Unlimited access to our state of art 8.1 Computer Music Studio.
· Four Student Composers Recitals each academic year.
· New Century Ensemble showcasing literature contemporary music.
· New Improv. Century Ensemble.
· Two inner sOUndscapes concerts, featuring electroacoustic music by OU students and renowned guests.
· A strong Music performance area and students open to collaborate for the premiere of new works.
· Collaboration with Graduate students from the Schools of Art and Dance.
Our graduate students have recently presented their works in prestigious national and international conferences including ICMC, SEAMUS, SCI, and EMM. They have received awards and honorary mentions in competitions such as Musica Nova International Electroacoustic Music Competition and the University of Louisville Young Composer Competition. Their pieces have been performed in national and international festivals, including NYCEMF, SEAMUS, Sonorities, EMUFest, NAISA, Electronic Barn Dance, Studio 300, and Tutti New Music Festival.
Assistantship duties may include:
Information Technology support for the School of Music.
Maintenance of a multi-station computer lab and recording studio.
Clerical support of the Composition Area and its activities.
Application for admission to the University of Oklahoma Graduate School
More info on the application to the University of Oklahoma
Application deadline: February 1st
For questions, please contact Konstantinos Karathanasis at Karathanasis@ou.edu
KONSTANTINOS KARATHANASIS, Ph.D.
Professor of Music Technology & Composition
address: 500 W. Boyd, Room 138
Norman Oklahoma 73019 USA
+1 405 325 2081