Von: Tullis Rennie
Datum: Mon, 3 Dec 2018
Betreff: [cec-c] PhD Scholarships at City, University of London
We are currently welcoming applications for fully-funded PhD studentships at City, University of London. Please see below for more details.
– – –
City, University of London
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS
The School of Arts and Social Sciences at City, University of London, is offering seven full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2019/20 entry. Full information about these doctoral studentships can be found at:
THE DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC
The Department of Music at City combines world-leading research with exceptional teaching in performance, composition and musicology. We have one of the highest completion rates per member of staff of any music department in the UK.
For information about our PhD programme please visit:
For details on staff research interests please visit:
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
· An annual bursary at the prevailing ESRC rate (£16,777 in 2018/19)
· A full tuition-fee waiver for UK and EU students. Applications from overseas applicants are welcome, but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
· Further funds to support research expenses (up to £1000 over three years)
As part of our commitment to doctoral student training, you will also be eligible for appointment as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and are likely to be offered teaching-related duties within your department (to a maximum of 150 hours each year). This work will be paid in full.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting-edge research.
· Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree and a merit-level Master’s degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
· Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
· Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London, or any other academic institution
How to Apply
Applications must be made online using the link to the Music PhD programme page above, and with the materials requested on that page. Applicants are strongly advised to make contact with a potential supervisor prior to making an application.
Closing date: 23.59 on 20th January 2019
For any enquiries, please email SASSemail@example.com