Von: Kevin Austin via cec conference
Datum: Wed, 30 Aug 2017
Betreff: [cec-c] Ball State University 48th Annual Festival of New Music Call for Works
Please see the opportunity below (apologies for cross-posting), receipt deadline is October 16, 2017:
48th annual Festival of New Music
March 15–17, 2018
Concerts Thursday – Saturday
Location: Sursa Hall, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
Call for Scores and Electronic Works:
Composers are invited to submit up to two compositions for possible inclusion on the festival program. Chamber and electronic compositions must be under ten minutes in length. Preference will be given to more recent works and to composers from the Midwest and Great Lakes region. Submitted works can fit into any of these four categories:
1. Compositions under five minutes for
(a) Ball State Chamber Choir, an ensemble of 32 graduate and advanced undergraduate singers;
(b) Ball State Concert Choir, an ensemble of 50–60 singers, mostly undergraduate music majors.
2. Compositions for fixed audio or audio/video media, and/or live computer/electronics; installations. Works can be diffused over a sound system of up to 8 channels with a subwoofer.
3. Instrumental/vocal or mixed-media (electronics with instruments/vocal) compositions for which composers can provide their own performers.
4. Instrumental/vocal or mixed-media compositions for any instrument or combination of instruments. Compositions that draw from the following instrumentation will have the best chance of being programmed: fl, cl, ob, bsn, hn, tpt, tbn, sax, vln, vla, classical gtr, harp, pno, perc, and soprano or mezzo-soprano voices.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: MONDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2017 (receipt date)
Submit materials to email@example.com. Include:
• attached pdf file of the score (please no other file types) or a link to a site where we can download the same
• (optional for instrumental/vocal pieces) attached mp3 or m4a file of a recording or a link to a site where we can stream/download the same
• One completed information form (BSU NMF info.pdf) for each composition, which is available at this link: http://bsufestivalofnewmusic.weebly.com/call-for-works.html
Composers included in the festival program are encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. For information, contact Eleanor Trawick, firstname.lastname@example.org