Von: Todor Todoroff via cec conference
Datum: Fri, 03 Mar 2017
Betreff: [cec-c] FW: [cime-icem] PRIX CIME 2017
Announcement of a new Electroacoustic Music Competition by CIME/ICEM, deadline May 28, 2017.
PRIX CIME 2017
Electroacoustic Music Competition
IMC – NGO official partner of UNESCO
The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music is pleased to announce the biennial PRIX CIME
2017 international composition competition. The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music
(ICEM) was founded in 1981 in Bourges, France and since then it is member of the International Music
Council (IMC). CIME-ICEM is a non-profit international organization consisting of National Federations and
International Organization Members (OIM). Today, the ICEM consists of fourteen National Federations:
FARME (Argentina), FeBeME – BeFEM (Belgium), CECh (Chile), CEMC (China), LNME (Cuba), Charm of
Sound (Finland), BEAN (Great Britain), HELMCA (Greece), AARSOM (Mexico), PSeME (Poland), Miso
Music (Portugal), AMEE (Spain), AMEG (Switzerland), and UAEM (Ukraine); and of nine International
Organization Members: GrupLac in Bogota (Colombia), MISAME in Paris (France), HCMF in Budapest
(Hungary), Spectro Center in Tehran (Iran), CMMAS in Morelia (Mexico), CEAMMC in Moscow (Russia),
The Orquesta del Caos in Barcelona (Spain), ICST in Zurich (Switzerland) and CEMI in Denton (USA).
For more information please visit:
Deadline for Submissions is May 28, 2017
The competition is divided in two categories:
• Category 1: Prix CIME – Open to all composers regardless age.
• Category 2: Residency Prix CIME – Open to all composers born after December 31, 1987.
– The competition is open to all regardless of gender, nationality, affiliation and regardless if your
country of residence is member of ICEM.
– Applicants may submit only one work
– Only works written within the last 5 years will be considered.
– Anonymous submission is not required.
– There is no duration limitation
– There is no entry fee.
– Open to all forms of electroacoustic music including:
o fixed electronics
o instrument(s) and electronics (fixed and/or live)
o video music
o sound art including new interfaces
– Work in progress will not be considered.
Submit the online application form. Click on the link below to access the online application form:
In the field “Link, Submission Materials” please provide a valid permanent link to your work using a file
hosting service like Dropbox, Googledrive, OneDrive, etc. Upload a single .zip file titled with your name (e.g.
name_surname.zip) that includes all submission materials, such as audio files (include a stereo reduction
for multichannel works), video files, musical score of the work in .pdf, etc. Make sure the link will not expire
until June 30, 2017.
James Andean (Finland)
Miguel Azguime (Portugal)
Catalina Peralta C. (Colombia)
Rodrigo Sigal (Mexico)
Andrea Szigetvári (Hungary)
Todor Todoroff (Belgium)
Zhang Xiaofu (China)
Alla Zagaykevych (Ukraine)
1. The competition will award the following prizes:
• Category 1 – Prix CIME (the prize could be divisible in the case of ex aequo).
• Category 2 – Residency Prix CIME (1 to 4 residencies).
2. The Studio Residencies for category 2 include 1-2 weeks studio support, accommodation and meals
arranged by each center independently. The participating centers will be announced in due time.
3. The selected works from both categories will receive:
– ICEM CD/DVD release
– Distribution to the ICEM members for concert/broadcast programming, including the ICEM annual
– Online publication.
– There is no prize money for the awarded works.
4. The jury has the right to award Honorable Mentions.
– Open call February 2017.
– Deadline for submissions May 28, 2017.
– Final deliberations and announcement during the ICEM General Assembly in September 2017.
Please direct questions about the competition or the submission process to Panayiotis Kokoras at
The competition is administered by the ICEM Main Board:
Marek Choloniewski, President (Poland)
Panayiotis Kokoras, Secretary (Greece/USA)
Françoise Barrière, Treasurer (France)