Von: Mike McFerron
Datum: Mon, 13 Mar 2017
Betreff: [cec-c] EMM 2017 Call for Submissions
In our 17th year, Electronic Music Midwest has presented over 1000 new electroacoustic works. I hope you consider joining us in 2017:
Call for Submissions:
Lewis University and Kansas City Kansas Community College are pleased to announce an international call for submissions for the 17th Annual Electronic Music Midwest Festival, featuring SPLICE Ensemble, to be held September 21-23, 2017 at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
Each concert will feature an 8.1 speaker diffusion system. The acclaimed SPLICE Ensemble is the 2017 featured ensemble and composers are encouraged to submit works for their consideration. Any composer regardless of region, age or nationality may submit. Composers whose works are selected must attend and will be required to submit a $60 registration fee at the festival.
Composers are invited to submit one work for consideration. EMM accepts all electroacoustic works, but we especially seek music that falls within one of the following categories:
– Compositions for SPLICE Ensemble (piano, trumpet, and percussion) and fixed media and/or live electronics. Any subset of the ensemble will be considered, but preference will be given to works that include all three perfomers.
– Two channel works for fixed media
– Up to eight channel works for fixed media
– Instrument(s)/Voice(s) and fixed media or live electronics (composer to provide performers) – Works that include video
– Sound Installations and Interactive Media (composer to provide all non-standard equipment) – Live Laptop works
– Live Interactive works
Deadline: June 1, 2017 Entry Fee: none
1) For consideration, applicants must register and complete an online submission form available at http://www.emmfestival.org.
2) For adjudication purposes, multi-channel works (up to 8 channels) must be submitted as a stereo mix and uploaded at http://www.emmfestival.org. The EMM 8-channel speaker array uses a front and rear center.
Composers whose works are selected for this festival are required to submit a $60 registration fee at the festival and must agree to attend the festival. Regrettably, EMM is not able to offer travel stipends or honorariums to festival participants at this time.
EMM is unable to consider works that do not conform to the guidelines outlined above.
For further information, contact
Mike McFerron, festival director firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor of Music