Von: Normandeau Robert via cec conference
Datum: Mon, 29 May 2017
Betreff: [cec-c] SpatGRIS 1.0 Launching, May 29, 2017
The Groupe de Recherche en Immersion Spatiale (GRIS) from the Faculty of Music of University of Montreal that I lead is proud to offer the first version of SpatGRIS, a plugin for multiphonic spatial sound.
SpatGRIS is a multichannel sound spatialization plug-in available for the Mac in Audio Unit and VST formats and in VST-Windows. The free and open-source plug-in allows movement of multichannel sound sources on a variable set of speakers. Modes of grouped movement and a trajectory system are provided for spatialization of mono, stereo and multichannel sources. It allows the user to spatialize the sound in 2D (up to 16 speakers) or in 3D (up to 64 speakers) under a dome of speakers (in combination with the Zirkonium or the SpatGRIS Server, to come later this year).
The SpatGRIS started to be developed in 2016. It is a fusion of two previous plugins, Octogris (2010) and ZirkOSC (2012).
Three operating modes:
• Free Volume. Free positioning of sources and speakers;
• Pan Span. This mode allows the spread of each source over part or all of the speakers with an integrated Pan Law;
• OSC Spatialization. Sends OSC control to the Zirkonium from almost any DAW.
• Brand new graphical interface consisting of five panels: The 2D Spatializer; Source parameters; Output parameters; Trajectories; Configuration panel of the plug-in, subdivided in tabs: Settings, Volume & Filters, Sources, Speakers, Interfaces
• Writing automation to source 1 only even in group modes. Other sources are slaves of the source No. 1.
• New trajectories and new parameters of existing trajectories
• Ability to use only a portion of trajectories: semicircle for example (Turn parameter)
• Ability to determine the starting and ending points of the trajectories (Set End Point)
• Integration of the joystick, the Leap Motion and OSC
• The size of the interface can be adjusted continuously
• Addition of Speed that increases or decreases in real time the speed of trajectories
• VST version Windows (not yet tested extensively, we count on you …)
• Otherwise, everything is faster, up to five times the amount of octophonic tracks compared to Octogris3, and more reliable.
SpatGRIS is an open source plugin for Mac or Windows available with the manual (in English) on SourceForge:
Thanks to the team.
Professeur titulaire de composition électroacoustique
Responsable du bac en musiques numériques
Directeur du GRIS
Faculté de musique, B-660 514-343-6111 poste 3486
Université de Montréal