Subject: Bourges – Concours International de Composition pour
un instrument acoustique et dispositif électronique
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014
The first International Composition Contest for Acoustic Instrument and
MusInfo is pleased to announce the
First International composition contest for acoustic instrument and
electroacoustic device. With this initiative MusInfo proposes to open a
new space intended to uphold the work of contemporary composers and
sound artists in the field of “live-electronic” music.
Composers are invited to write a short study of 2 to 4 minutes maximum.
The electroacoustic device is represented by the software P-Soft that
MusInfo supplies on its web page. The composers whose studies are chosen
will receive a commission from the Opus Centrum ensemble who
collaborates with MusInfo. They will be invited to write a full length
composition that will be played and recorded during the Art and Science
Days 2015. The electroacoustic device will be supplied to composers by
MusInfo for the period of composition.
You can find all information about the contest at 2014 Contest
1. The contest is open from April 10th until May 10th 2014.
2. The call is open to composers of any age.
3. There are no fees for inscription.
4. The contest is open to any short study (from 2 to 4 min long)
written for P-Soft and an acoustic solo instrument (flute,
saxophone, trumpet or clarinet). No other software and no audio
files can be used.
5. The software needed to participate in the contest is available for
download at the following address:
6. The requirements and help concerning the composing process are
available at the same address.
7. The composers can send
• the software “bank” file
• the instrument score in PDF format
• the participant information (name & address)
to the following address: email@example.com
8.The files must be marked with the title of the work and the name of
9. The works will be presented to the jury anonymously.
10. If the composer wishes to send a recording of his work, he should
do it by using WeTransfer: https://www.wetransfer.com/
11. The international jury will nominate the winners of the contest on
May 21st 2014 in Bourges during the first edition of the Art &
12. The jury can decide not to nominate any winner.