Von: Juraj Kojs
Betreff: FETA Prize in Sound Art 2014: Call for works!
Datum: 9. Januar 2014 22:09:00 MEZ
Following the last year’s success of our inaugural year, the call for this year’s FETA Prize in Sound Art is pasted bellow and can be also found here:
Feel free to forward this announcement to your friends, colleagues and students!
FETA Prize in Sound Art 2014
The FETA Prize in Sound Art 2014 aims to promote a broad range of contemporary American sound and installation arts. Artists working within the sonic arts such as sound installation, sound sculpture, sound poetry, soundscape, robotics, net art and similar may submit one work each for consideration. The prize is open to any individual of any age who is a permanent resident or citizen of any North, Central and South American country. All submissions must be anonymous. The prize will include $1,000 USD and a feature in the online art magazine Gwarlingo. With 80 blind submissions from 5 American countries, Ted Apel was selected as the 2013 winner of the FETA Prize in Sound Art for his work Call and Resonance.
– Electronic submissions deadline: April 10, 2014 (midnight any time zone).
– Prize Announcement: June 30, 2014.
– Presentation in Miami, FL: Fall 2014.*
How to apply:
Make sure to have the following items ready before filling the electronic application:
1. Description of submitted work (500 words maximum. Must be anonymous.)
2. Technical details regarding the work (500 words maximum. Must be anonymous.)
3. Artist Bio (200 words maximum)
4. Collaborator(s) Bio(s) if applicable (200 words maximum)
5. Link to a web page or downloadable files containing sound, video and/or photographic materials. These will be passed on to the adjudication committee. Make sure that all the submitted materials are anonymous.
6. A scanned image of a valid passport or national identification card to prove your citizenship or permanent residence of any North, Central or South American country to be sent via email to email@example.com
(If preferred, a printed copy can be mailed to FETA, 2294 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33127. In such case, make sure to send a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. An application fee of $10 to be submitted via PayPal.
To apply, click here.
To download the pdf of this call, click here.
Send an email to email@example.com for any questions.
*Exact dates and venue TBA. The winner will be responsible for the cost associated with shipping and handling of the work.
With the support of Foundation of Emerging Technologies and Arts, Harold Golen Gallery, Gwarlingo and the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.