From: Diego Bernini
Subject: Call for Papers ArtsIT 2013
Date: 21 August 2012 20:13:18 GMT+01:00
CALL FOR PAPERS
Third International Conference on Arts and Technology – ArtsIT 2013 – Working for the Artists
March 21-23 2013
University of Milano-Bicocca, DISCo, Milan, Italy
– The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation (www.eai.eu), a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
– All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries
– Free of charge exhibition session
ArtsIT is meant to be a place where people in arts, with a keen interest in modern IT technologies, meet with people in IT, having strong ties to arts in their works. Now in its third edition, ArtsIT has become a leading scientific forum for dissemination of cutting-edge research results in the area of Arts, Design & Technology.
The Milano event will bring together leading researchers and practitioners from academia, arts and industry to present their innovative work and discuss all aspects and challenges in a stimulating environment. The event aims to foster trans-disciplinary alliances and co-operation between IT researchers, artists and industry members as well as to offer artists novel creative tools that expand the grammar of the traditional arts.
The main focus of this edition is working for the artists: presenting tools, systems, models, artworks/performances/shows, empirical studies that may enrich the possibilities for artists and creative people with working with new media technologies.
The call for papers is aimed at people across a wide spectrum of interests and disciplines including computer science, design, arts, sociology, anthropology, psychology.
We cordially invite prospective authors to submit unpublished research papers with novel contributions in the following areas:
– Interactive Art (innovative interactive installations)
– Augmented Performing Arts (innovative performances and shows enhanced by ICT technologies)
– Multimedia (Integration of different media, such as virtual reality systems, audio, performing arts, etc.)
– New Media Technologies (innovative systems/frameworks/tools for creating augmented artworks and performances, such as tracking sensors, wearable computers, animation techniques, etc.)
– Ethnography studies about the artistic practice finalized to build pattern languages for Human Computer Interaction
Accepted papers will be published in Springer’s LNICST series and will appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in the ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). LNICST volumes are submitted for inclusion to leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar, ACM Digital Library, ISI Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus.
Selected papers will appear in the International Journal of Arts & Technology (Inderscience).
The ArtsIt 2013 edition includes an exhibition session which aims at presenting innovative and cutting-edge artworks, performance and shows that exploited ICT technologies.
The exhibition is open to a large variety of submissions including, but not limited to:
-Interactive art installations, augmented performances and other forms of ICT augmented works
-Technical demonstrations of prototype technologies of advanced entertainment technology
-Audio, visual and other sensory forms of digital interaction
All the submitted contributions will undergo a selection process driven by a specific committee separated from the Program Committee of the conference. Accepted works will be presented to conference attendees within a specific event.
THE PARTECIPATION TO THE EXHIBITION SESSION IS FREE OF CHARGE.
More information at http://artsit.org/2013/show/cf-exhibits-and-demos
All the papers formatted according to the instructions have to be submitted through the conference online system at: http://artsit.org/2013/show/initial-submission
Paper Submission Deadline: 1 October 2012
Notification of Acceptance: 10 November 2012
Camera Ready Deadline: 10 December 2012
Conference Date: 21-23 March 2013