Von: mike mcferron
Datum: Wed, 6 Mar 2019
Betreff: [cec-c] EMM Call for Submissions
Lewis University and Kansas City Kansas Community College are pleased to announce an international call for submissions for the 19th Annual Electronic Music Midwest Festival, featuring guest performer Drew Whiting, to be held
September 5-7, 2019 at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
Each concert will feature an 8.1 speaker diffusion system. Acclaimed saxophonist, Drew Whiting (saxophones), will be the featured performer and composers are encouraged to submit works for his consideration. Composers may submit one work.
EMM accepts all electroacoustic works, but we especially seek music that falls within one of the following categories:
1) Composition for saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, or baritone) and fixed media and/or live electronics
2) Work for the Mid America Freedom Band – Lee Hartman, conductor.
See website for instrumentation information
3) Two channel works for fixed media
4) Up to eight channel works for fixed media
5) Instrument(s)/Voice(s) and fixed media or live electronics (composer to provide performers and electronics)
6) Works that include video
7) Sound Installations and Interactive Media (composer to provide all non-standard equipment)
8) Live Laptop works
9) Live Interactive works
Deadline: May 15, 2019
For complete guidelines and to submit your work, visit: https://www.newmusicengine.org/categories/2019-Electronic-Music-Midwest-Festival/index.html
Professor of Music