Von: Monty Adkins via cec conference
Datum: Wed, 10 Jan 2018
Betreff: [cec-c] Leverhulme Call for Post-Doc at Huddersfield
Call for Applications
Leverhulme Expressions of Interest
The School of Music, Humanities and Media at the University of Huddersfield invites proposals from early career researchers seeking to apply for a Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship based at the University. Fellowships are of three years‘ duration. Deadline for submitting an Expression of Interest to the University is noon on Monday 29th January.
The School will support outstanding applications for Leverhulme Fellowships for research projects in any field within:
· Creative writing
· Journalism and media
· Modern languages
· Music and music technology
Successful fellowships would be funded jointly by The Leverhulme Trust and the School of Music, Humanities and Media at the University of Huddersfield.
Early Career Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers (defined as having submitted their thesis for viva voce examination on or after 1st March 2014) but with a proven record of research. Applicants should not have held an established academic appointment. The intention is to support the career development of those building an academic career within the UK. The Trust gives priority to applicants who show evidence of mobility during their academic careers to date. Applicants must either hold a degree from a UK higher education institution at the time of taking up the Fellowship or at the time of the application deadline must hold an academic position in the UK (e.g. fixed-term lectureship, fellowship) for which the contract duration at the time of appointment was no less than 9 months. For more information on the scheme, including full information on eligibility, see The Leverhulme Trust website:
· Fellowships are three years in duration and can start anytime from 1 September 2018 to 1 May 2019.
· The Leverhulme Trust online application deadline for the 2018 competition will be 4pm on 1 March 2018.
Expressions of interest should be sent to Professor Monty Adkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon on Monday 29 January 2018, consisting of one PDF document containing:
1) a one-page CV including education, publications, any awards, thesis title and examiners;
2) an up to two-page draft statement of research (which may use headings similar to those in the Leverhulme scheme’s notes of guidance);
3) an indication of any additional research expenses that may be needed for the proposed project, such as travel and subsistence (Leverhulme provide up to £6,000 per year).
A selection process internal to the School of Music, Humanities and Media will determine which proposals go forward to a full application to The Leverhulme Trust. A programme of mentoring, including support from our Research Development Manager, will be offered to applicants deemed successful in this internal process.
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow’s professionals.