Subject: INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION OF SOUND ART PERFORMANCE
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014
From: campo de interferencias
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION OF SOUND ART PERFORMANCE
/Radical dB/ Festival, will promote the 1st international competition of
sound art performance in Zaragoza, Spain on 20th-23rd of November 2014.
The purposes of the competition are:
* To encourage emulation and exchange between international artists
and local artists working in different fields of sound art
performance (improvisation, live coding, circuit bending,
electroacoustic performance etc…)
* To encourage innovation and experimentation in the field of sonic
performance in relation with technology (digital or analogue, hi- or
A International artist
B Local artist (to submit as local artist, you should live or must be
born in Aragon, Spain; all other artists should submit as
* The competition is open to any artist/ensemble working in the field
of live performance with priority to sound (the performance may
include video if needed).
* To submit as local artist, you should live or must be born in Aragon
(Spain), all other artists should submit as International artists.
* The competition concerts, included in the Radical dB festival (20th
to 23rd of November), will present all the finalists for each
category. One concert for category B, and one concert for category A
on the next day. Selected artists will present a set of 20 minutes
maximum. The festival will provide accommodation for all the
duration of the festival but will not support travel expenses.
* Each participant must send a mail to email@example.com
including a link to a video of a live
performance, a link to the webpage of the artist/ensemble, a bio and
a short description of the project and the category (International
* The competition will provide a stereo PA system and will not accept
multichannel project. Ensembles shall provide their own mixing
system in order to send a stereo signal to the main control.
* The winning artists of each category will be invited to participate
on the next Radical dB festival (2015) as guest artists (including
all travel expenses and artist fees), will be proposed to release an
album on the festival partner label during 2014/2015 season and will
have opportunity to be interviewed on local radio shows.
* The jury will be composed by internationally recognized artists and
curators. The jury will award one artist/ensemble in each
category. The decision shall be final. The jury will announce the
results during the Radical dB Festival 2014.
* Each submission of an application for the competition implies the
acceptance of all the rules.
* Any questions regarding these regulations and their interpretation
shall be clarified by Radical dBteam.
* Selected artists that will perform on the competition concerts
will be announced by mid September 2014.
* Submission deadline : 10th of September 2014