Von: „Rudolf Růžička“
Betreff: Competition MUSICA NOVA 2012
Datum: 10. September 2012 09:18:31 MESZ
Propositions for MUSICA NOVA 2012
1. The competition MUSICA NOVA was for the first time realized in 1969.
2. Composers, irregardless of their age and nationality are invited to submit their works of electro-acoustic music created after 1st January 2010.
3. Category A is open to compositions of autonomous art electro-acoustic music („tape music“), or only one independent movement.
4. Category B is open to compositions combining acoustic instrument / voice / ensemble (life) and electronic media. Send one of realized complete version of the composition, sent only electro-acoustic without the instrumental or voice part will be excluded.
The priority of the competition 2012 for both categories is the parameter of rhythm. After our evaluation of several Musica Nova competitions, we decided to announce priorities of compositions: RHYTHM in electro-acoustic music, yet it does not mean we exclude some compositions, this priority has a character of motivation. We made this decision because authors pay attention to sophistication of sound parameters, modulation of microstructures, however, rhythm (not in the trivial meaning) is the least reflected parameter of electro-acoustic compositions of art music. We suppose that it would be easier to offer your compositions for scenic dance realization.
5. Each composer may submit only one entry to each category in duration of no longer than 20 minutes, and the work may not have been awarded a prize in another competition, nor been submitted to previous MUSICA NOVA competitions.
6. Competition entries in both categories must be submitted with the name of the composer specified.
7. Members of the jury cannot take part in the competition.
8. The jury of the competition shall be appointed by the leadership of the Society for Electro-acoustic Music and composed of leading composers of electro-acoustic compositions, musicologists, critics, and recording engineers specializing in the electro-acoustic music field.
9. CD must be sent to the following address postmarked:
MUSICA NOVA 2012: Lenka Dohnalova – Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetna 17, 110 00 PRAHA 1, Czech Republic no later than 31st October 2012.
a. Entries into category A and B, recorded on a sophisticated technical level and in stereo /or format 5.1/ must be submitted in the medium of CD or DVD, and indexed by absolute time
b. Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a score (if necessary), technical and artistic description, name of studio where work was produced, their durata, graphs, etc., to be judged by the jury
c. Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a brief artist statement, short biography, nationality, address, telephone number, fax, and e-mail (attached form), see attached form
d. N.B: You can register electronically on http://musicanova.seah.cz and upload your composition (e.g. in MP3 format) on the FTP server for better preparation working of jury. Your composition will be accessible only for you and jury. Sending the CD rests obligatory.
10. The entry fee for each composition is 25 EURO (or equivalent).
Way of payment: IBAN: CZ48 0800 0000 0000 1404 5349, BIC: GIBACZPX, address of the bank: Ceska sporitelna, a.s., Konevova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic. If you register electronically, you can pay on-line via paypal (email@example.com).
Hold the distinction of address postal for sending CD (Lenka Dohnalova – Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetna 17, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic) and address official that could be write on the bank order or checks /SEAH, Jeronymova 7, 130 00 Prague 3/. If your transfer charges would be to expensive, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
11. The audio recordings entered in the competition shall not be returned to the composers and shall remain in the Society for Electro-acoustic Music archives.
12. By entering his/her work in the competition, the composer consents to public performances of his/her work in concerts and/or radio broadcasting. The composer retains the copyright.
13. Prizes (500 EUR or equivalent) shall be awarded for the winning entries after the jury has announced its verdict, which cannot be appealed. The jury can decide to either combine, divide or not award some of the prizes.
14. Prizes in Categories A and B include: First Prizes, Honorable Mentions and Special Prizes for Czech composers and for young composers (until 25 years).
15. All entrants shall be notified of the verdict by the jury on the awarding of prizes and honorable mentions by 20 November 2012.
16. Prizes will be presented during the award concert in December 2012 in Prague.
17. The awarded compositions will be performed in concerts organized by the Society for Electro-acoustic Music and broadcast by radio, also sent to EBU. The outcome of the competition will be published in the network of International Music Council too.
Official address of the organiser: Society for Electroacoustic Music, Jeronýmova 7, 130 00 PRAGUE 3, Czech Republic
Director of the competition: Lenka Dohnalova, Ph.D – tel. +420 603 584 218, tel&fax +420 222 540 809, email@example.com